As a full stack developer, this individual is passionate about leveraging modern web technology to build an efficient and aesthetic experience, moving swiftly in the face of disaster to fix any issues that arise.
Working closely with the Director of Design, they will be responsible for bringing design mockups to life from pixels to the browser as well as refactoring the current code base.
- Term duration is from October 2020 to June 2021
- Must attend the CaseIT 2021 Onboarding on October 24, 2020 from 11 AM - 2 PM
- Must attend regularly scheduled virtual meetings for the development of the website
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Organizing Committee, & Portfolio Meetings (2-3 hours per week) from October 2020 to March 2021
- Attendance mandatory during CaseIT 2021 Competition Week from February 14-19, 2021
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and development of the codebase of CaseIT and PIVOT’s official website
- Work closely with the Directors of Design to optimise the UI/UX of the current site and implement new features
- Create experimental interactive experiences using web technologies.
- Enforce proper software development practice, writing well-structured and organised code
- Optimise current development workflow
- Document best practices and guidelines to ensure a smooth transition for future iterations of CaseIT’s website
- Previous experience working with github
- Experience with or interest in learning development using a CMS (e.g. WordPress, Netlify CMS)
- Experience in working with static site generators such as Hugo or Jekyll is preferred but not required
- Passion for building an engaging interactive experience for a website
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Experience in leading the professional development of a website used by high-profile companies and internationally renowned schools, which can be clearly demonstrated to employers
- A portfolio that bolsters web development skills with modern development tools
- Proven ability to manage technological logistics to deliver a world-class-quality competition experience to an international audience
- Pride in being a part of the largest MIS international case competition
- Pride in being a part of the team that transitioned and revamped CaseIT into a virtual case competition
Questions regarding the Director of Web Development role can be directed to the Vice-Chair of Marketing, Kyle Lee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.