The Technology Coordinator builds the illusion of simplicity into a seamless competition experience, ensuring that the organizing committee has a clear and attractive line of interaction with competitors. This individual is passionate about developing technology to build an efficient and aesthetic experience, moving swiftly in the face of disaster to fix any issues that arise. They open the doors to communication with competitors by delivering a user-friendly website, working with the Director of Design to design a cohesive user experience and managing communication channels during deliberation periods.
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Fall Recruitment Onboarding from 11 AM - 2 PM on October 31, 2021
- Attend regularly scheduled Competition Execution Team meetings
- Must attend additional Preparation Sessions (as required) with the Competition Execution Team
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 OC Team Session on November 14, 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Weekly OC Team Sessions (3 hours per week) from January - February 2022
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Competition Week from February 20 – 25, 2022
- Approximately 5-10 hours of commitment per week
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring competitors’ seamless experience during the competition by leading and tackling issues related to digital registration, projectors, electronic room timers, and other audio-visual equipment.
- Sourcing and arranging transportation of audio-visual equipment needed throughout the year.
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality events throughout the week by overseeing tasks such as set-up and take-down of audio-visual equipment.
- Providing the ability for stakeholders, spectators, and competitors’ families to view the final presentations and awards banquet by implementing a live-streaming solution.
- Developing and managing an online competition portal that streamlines all chats, communication, and case-related activities between the organizing committee, competitors, coaches, and observers
- Recommending, selecting, and implementing suitable technologies to streamline internal operations within the team
- Ensuring registration areas, place settings, equipment and stages for the Welcome Ceremony and Awards Banquet event venues are set up prior to the execution of the event.
Additional responsibilities that you are accountable for executing during the CaseIT competition week:
- Venue Logistics: Ensuring registration areas, place settings, equipment and stages for the Welcome Ceremony and Awards Banquet event venues are set up prior to the execution of the event.
- Deliberation: Assisting with all deliberation-related tasks for the short and long cases, including case and deliberation materials delivery, food and beverage delivery, and technical support.
- Hospitality: Assisting with the compilation and delivery of hospitality-related components including competitor gifts, sponsor gifts, welcome packages, and judges’ packages.
- Presentation Room: Managing the case presentation room logistics, including the rules overview, timing presentations, and welcoming industry professional judges.
- Case Presentations: Ensuring that all teams are in the right place at the right time, presentation USBs and slide decks are ready to go, and escalating time-sensitive issues.
- Registration: Managing an organized flow of information and welcoming competitors, coaches, sponsors, students, judges, and industry professionals to each CaseIT event.
- Usher: Ensuring that all competition teams are abiding by competition rules by overseeing competitor holding rooms, judges holding rooms, and presentation areas, and communicating instructions to all stakeholders of the competition so that they understand exactly where and when they are expected to be during the competition week.
- Sponsor Supervisor: Identifying and interacting professionally with sponsors and industry professionals, ensuring all questions are answered, informational materials are provided, and requests are fulfilled.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of audio-visual equipment
- Passion for event production and all things technology
- Technical and detail-oriented, with a keen eye for innovation
- Previous experience managing technology equipment is an asset
- Dedication, commitment, and a positive attitude
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Improved communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Proficient event planning and audio-visual skills
- The ability to manage technology-related logistics and delivery of a high-quality competition experience to an international audience
- Knowledge about case competitions and the Vancouver technology industry
- Lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Pride in being a part of the largest MIS international case competition