Team Hosts stand on the frontlines of CaseIT, ensuring that competing teams from around the world are well-equipped to tackle every aspect of the competition week. Using their positivity, charm, and quick thinking, they understand the needs of competitors and remain organized under high-pressure situations. Each Team Host is highly perceptive and understands the importance of escalating issues when necessary. Team Hosts are also motivated by meeting new people, learning about different cultures, and engaging in a positive, thoughtful manner with competition stakeholders - ultimately building an exceptional impression of CaseIT, SFU Beedie, and Vancouver!
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Team Host Onboarding from 11 AM - 2 PM on October 31, 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 OC Team Session on November 14, 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Team Host Session from 10 AM - 3 PM on November 21, 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 OC Team Meetings (3 hours per week) from January - February 2022
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Competition Week from February 20 - 25, 2022
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Welcoming university teams to the beautiful scenery and culture of Vancouver as their personal team escort
- Leading teams around the city for the competitor events, Discover Vancouver and Explore Vancouver
- Managing the overall competition experience for one of the competing universities at CaseIT
- Ensuring your university team is well-equipped to tackle all aspects of the competition week, by completing tasks such as: accurately communicating competition rules, delivering meals, and escorting competitors to presentation rooms
Additional responsibilities that you are accountable for executing during the CaseIT competition week:
- Ensuring clear, consistent, and accurate competition information is communicated to your university team in a timely manner before, during and after the official competition dates
- Supporting your competing university through the emotional roller coaster of the CaseIT competition week, by encouraging, reassuring, and celebrating with the competitors and coach
- Celebrating the achievements of all competing teams throughout the CaseIT competition week, and acting in a professional manner as an ambassador of Beedie
- Leveraging your dedication and enthusiasm for CaseIT to create a memorable CaseIT experience through meaningful interactions with competitors and coaches
- Preference is given to students majoring in Business Administration
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in team environments
- Ability to speak languages other than English is an asset, but not required
- Dedication, commitment, and a positive attitude!
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Improved communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Build lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Take pride in being a part of the largest MIS international case competition!