The Sponsorship Coordinator is integral to securing the corporate interest, enthusiasm, monetary, and any other types of support necessary to turn the Organizing Committee’s ideas into reality.
This individual displays maturity and professionalism and thinks on their feet to craft persuasive messages that align with the unique needs of each corporate sponsor. Articulate, energetic, and approachable, they react with optimism and tact in the face of rejection while effectively representing and communicating the CaseIT and Beedie School of Business brand and values. Lastly, this individual must also be willing to adapt to unfamiliar situations especially with the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Term durations are from October 2020 to March 2021
- Must attend the CaseIT 2021 Onboarding on October 24, 2020 from 11 AM - 2 PM
- Must attend regularly scheduled virtual meetings with the Co-Directors of Sponsorship
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Organizing Committee & Portfolio Meetings (2-3 hours per week) from October 2020 to March 2021
- Attendance mandatory during CaseIT 2021 Competition Week from February 14-19, 2021
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing in-kind sponsorship for both CaseIT and PIVOT
- Researching potential in-kind sponsors
- Drafting personalized emails to prospective in-kind sponsors, while finding and highlighting the value CaseIT will bring to their organization
- Arranging and facilitating phone calls and virtual meetings with prospective sponsors with the support of the Co-Directors of Sponsorship
- Maintaining sponsor relations and providing information once partnerships have been finalized
- Tracking and logging all major activities in our CRM system
Additional responsibilities that you are accountable for executing during CaseIT competition week:
- Deliberation: Assisting with all deliberation related tasks for the short and long cases, including case delivery and technical support.
- Hospitality: Monitoring attendee engagement, addressing mishaps in accordance with the risk and mitigation plan, or escalating appropriately.
- Online Presentation Room: Managing the case presentation room logistics, including the rules overview, timing presentations, and welcoming industry professional judges.
- Case Presentations: Ensuring that all teams are in the right place at the right time, presentation and slide decks are ready to go, and escalating time-sensitive issues.
- Sponsor Supervisor: Identifying and interacting professionally with sponsors and industry professionals, ensuring all questions are answered, informational materials are provided, and requests are fulfilled.
- The ability to display and uphold a professional appearance
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and focus on partner satisfaction in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to motivate oneself to accomplish given tasks
- The ability to adapt to unfamiliar situations
- The ability to demonstrate professional time management and organizational skills
- Previous sales or sponsorship experience is an asset, but not required
- Previous experience in formal business writing is an asset, but not required
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Experience establishing, maintaining, and fortifying corporate relations
- Experience working within a large, diverse, and passionate team
- Strengthened communication skills, both written and verbal
- Lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Pride in being a part of the largest international MIS case competition
- Pride in being a part of the team that transitioned and revamped CaseIT into a virtual case competition
Questions regarding the Sponsorship Coordinator position can be directed to the Co-Directors of Sponsorship, Vanessa Chau and Joaquin Zapata, at email@example.com.