The PIVOT Coordinators will assist the Project Manager in a variety of tasks to plan and execute this action-packed day. Each motivated and detail-oriented individual will be integral in ensuring an exceptional experience for our attendees and key stakeholders.
PIVOT is a two day business case competition dedicated exclusively to local undergraduate students, challenging them to solve relevant issues within the community. The event aims to creatively connect problem-solvers from all backgrounds to come together in a day of collaboration, interaction, and engagement.
- Term durations are from October 2020 to March 2021
- Must attend the CaseIT 2021 Onboarding on October 24, 2020 from 11 AM - 2 PM
- Must attend regularly scheduled virtual meetings with the Project Manager of PIVOT
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Executive Team, Organizing Committee, & Portfolio Meetings (3-4 hours per week) from October 2020 to March 2021
- Must attend PIVOT 2021 Competition Dates of January 30, 2021 and February 6, 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Competition Week from February 14-19, 2021
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Project Manager of PIVOT with executing duties ranging from marketing, logistics, and corporate relations
- Collaborating with the PIVOT subteam to plan and execute elements of a two day comprehensive BTM case competition
- Foster and maintain relationships with various stakeholders as well as act as a point of contact representing PIVOT and CaseIT 2021
- Preparing for PIVOT logistics training sessions
Additional responsibilities that you are accountable for executing during CaseIT competition week:
- Deliberation: Assisting with all deliberation related tasks for the short and long cases, including case delivery and technical support.
- Hospitality: Monitoring attendee engagement, addressing mishaps in accordance with the risk and mitigation plan, or escalating appropriately.
- Online Presentation Room: Managing the case presentation room logistics, including the rules overview, timing presentations, and welcoming industry professional judges.
- Case Presentations: Ensuring that all teams are in the right place at the right time, presentation and slide decks are ready to go, and escalating time-sensitive issues.
- Registration: Managing an organized flow of information and welcoming competitors, coaches, sponsors, students, judges, and industry professionals to each CaseIT event.
- Sponsor Supervisor: Identifying and interacting professionally with sponsors and industry professionals, ensuring all questions are answered, informational materials are provided, and requests are fulfilled.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Event planning experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Creative and motivated!
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Relevant experience in project management, communication, organization, and leadership skills
- The opportunity to work and network with professionals from Lower Mainland’s leading technology firms
- Lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Knowledge about case competitions and the Vancouver technology industry as a whole
- Pride in being a part of the largest MIS international case competition
- Pride in being a part of the team that transitioned and revamped CaseIT into a virtual case competition
Questions regarding the PIVOT Coordinator position can be directed to the Project Manager of PIVOT, Henry Nguyen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.