PIVOT is a two-day business case competition dedicated exclusively to local undergraduate students, challenging them to solve relevant issues within the community. The event aims to creatively connect problem-solvers from all backgrounds to come together in a day of collaboration, interaction, and engagement. The PIVOT Coordinators will assist the PIVOT Chair and Directors in a variety of tasks to plan and execute this action-packed weekend. Each motivated and detail-oriented individual will be integral in ensuring an exceptional experience for our attendees and key stakeholders.
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Fall Recruitment Onboarding from 11 AM - 2 PM on October 31, 2021
- Attend regularly scheduled Competition Execution Team meetings
- Must attend additional Preparation Sessions (as required) with the Competition Execution Team
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 OC Team Session on November 14, 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Weekly OC Team Sessions (3 hours per week) from January - February 2022
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Competition Week from February 20 – 25, 2022
- Approximately 5-10 hours of commitment per week
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the PIVOT Chair and Directors with executing duties ranging from marketing, logistics, and corporate relations
- Collaborating with the PIVOT subteam to plan and execute elements of a 2 day comprehensive MIS case competition
- Foster and maintain relationships with various stakeholders as well as act as a point of contact representing PIVOT and CaseIT 2022
- Preparing for PIVOT logistics training sessions
Additional responsibilities that you are accountable for executing during the CaseIT competition week:
- Venue Logistics: Ensuring registration areas, place settings, equipment and stages for the Welcome Ceremony and Awards Banquet event venues are set up prior to the execution of the event.
- Deliberation: Assisting with all deliberation-related tasks for the short and long cases, including case and deliberation materials delivery, food and beverage delivery, and technical support.
- Hospitality: Assisting with the compilation and delivery of hospitality-related components including competitor gifts, sponsor gifts, welcome packages, and judges’ packages.
- Presentation Room: Managing the case presentation room logistics, including the rules overview, timing presentations, and welcoming industry professional judges.
- Case Presentations: Ensuring that all teams are in the right place at the right time, presentation USBs and slide decks are ready to go, and escalating time-sensitive issues.
- Registration: Managing an organized flow of information and welcoming competitors, coaches, sponsors, students, judges, and industry professionals to each CaseIT event.
- Usher: Ensuring that all competition teams are abiding by competition rules by overseeing competitor holding rooms, judges holding rooms, and presentation areas, and communicating instructions to all stakeholders of the competition so that they understand exactly where and when they are expected to be during the competition week.
- Sponsor Supervisor: Identifying and interacting professionally with sponsors and industry professionals, ensuring all questions are answered, informational materials are provided, and requests are fulfilled.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Event planning experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Creative and motivated!
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Relevant experience in project management, communication, organization, and leadership skills
- The opportunity to work and network with professionals from B.C.’s leading technology firms
- Pride in being a part of the largest MIS international case competition
- Lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Knowledge about case competitions and the Vancouver technology industry as a whole