The Events Coordinator assists with the seamless execution of CaseIT’s two signature events throughout the rigorous competition week, the Welcome Ceremony and the Awards Banquet. By employing your creativity and knowledge in designing decorations and event planning, you will help in creating the aesthetic presentation for our competitors and stakeholders. As an extremely detail-oriented individual, the finesse you bring to the table will elevate the CaseIT experience to ensure the delivery of a world-class case competition.
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Fall Recruitment Onboarding from 11 AM - 2 PM on October 31, 2021
- Must attend regularly scheduled meetings with the Directors of Logistics
- Option to attend regularly scheduled Competition Execution Team meetings
- Must attend additional Preparation Sessions (as required) with the Competition Execution Team
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 OC Team Session on November 14, 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 weekly OC Team Sessions (3 hours per week) from January - February 2022
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Competition Week from February 20 – 25, 2022
- Approximately 5-10 hours of commitment per week
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and executing decoration arrangements and creating a cost breakdown based on potential options
- Conducting research to determine additional venue necessities
- Drafting an inventory list of all the items needed for the Welcome Ceremony and Awards Banquet
- Assisting the Director of Events and working with the Competition Execution team in creating event logistics
- Developing and executing Organizing Committee training and onboarding of competition week event details
- Ensuring guest attendance is registered and documented
Additional responsibilities that you are accountable for executing during the CaseIT competition week:
- Venue Logistics: Ensuring registration areas, place settings, equipment and stages for the Welcome Ceremony and Awards Banquet event venues are set up prior to the execution of the event.
- Deliberation: Assisting with all deliberation-related tasks for the short and long cases, including case and deliberation materials delivery, food and beverage delivery, and technical support.
- Hospitality: Assisting with the compilation and delivery of hospitality-related components including competitor gifts, sponsor gifts, welcome packages, and judges’ packages.
- Presentation Room: Managing the case presentation room logistics, including the rules overview, timing presentations, and welcoming industry professional judges.
- Case Presentations: Ensuring that all teams are in the right place at the right time, presentation USBs and slide decks are ready to go, and escalating time-sensitive issues.
- Registration: Managing an organized flow of information and welcoming competitors, coaches, sponsors, students, judges, and industry professionals to each CaseIT event.
- Usher: Ensuring that all competition teams are abiding by competition rules by overseeing competitor holding rooms, judges holding rooms, and presentation areas, and communicating instructions to all stakeholders of the competition so that they understand exactly where and when they are expected to be during the competition week.
- Sponsor Supervisor: Identifying and interacting professionally with sponsors and industry professionals, ensuring all questions are answered, informational materials are provided, and requests are fulfilled.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in event planning is an asset
- Ability to remain calm, cool, and collected in a high-stakes competition environment
- An affinity for efficiency and executing according to schedule
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Demonstrated capabilities in collaborating in a team environment under high pressure
- Proven skills for managing change and communicating effectively with stakeholders
- Immersive understanding of event management and execution processes
- Lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Pride in being a part of the largest MIS international case competition