The Design Associate is experienced with the art of transforming imaginative ideas and concepts into a cohesive, professional visual experience.
This individual sees beauty in detail and is captivated by the opportunity to ensure that every line, word, and image is placed on competition materials with purpose. The Design Associate is comfortable with challenging the status quo, stimulating thoughtful discussion, and understanding that the “packaging” of the competition is equally as valuable and impactful as the competition itself.
- Term durations are from October 2020 to March 2021.
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Onboarding on October 24, 2020 from 11 AM - 2 PM.
- Must attend regularly scheduled meetings with the Directors of Design
- Option to attend regularly scheduled Marketing Team meetings
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 OC Team Meetings (3 hours per week) from January - February 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2021 Competition Week from February 14 – 19, 2021
Core responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assisting the Director of Design and executing duties as required by the Marketing Team
- Creating print and digital materials such as booklets, banners, and social media posts
- Assisting in designing professional documents that will be provided to external stakeholders
- Ideating new branding strategies and pitching creative ideas to enhance projects
- Asking questions and using feedback to improve visual assets
Additional qualifications and skills:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- A portfolio or samples of past design work is encouraged
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Open-minded and able to learn from critique
Successful completion of this role provides:
- A creative portfolio bolstered with content from a high-profile international event
- Demonstrated collaborative efforts in the creative development process with other team members
- Ability to effectively communicate branding through the use of visuals
- Develop ability to provide professional critique that is aligned with a marketing strategy and branding
- Develop strong organizational skills
- Lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- Pride in being a part of the largest MIS international case competition
Questions regarding the Design Associate role can be directed to the Co-Directors of Design, Amena Salman and Alvin Leung, at email@example.com.