The Corporate Relations Coordinator is integral to securing the corporate interest, enthusiasm, and monetary support necessary to turn the Organizing Committee’s ideas into reality. This individual displays maturity and professional confidence and thinks on their feet to craft persuasive messages that align with the unique needs of each corporate sponsor. Articulate, energetic, and approachable, he or she reacts with optimism and tact in the face of rejection while effectively representing and communicating the CaseIT and Beedie School of Business brand.
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Fall Recruitment Onboarding from 11 AM - 2 PM on October 31, 2021
- Attend regularly scheduled Competition Execution Team meetings
- Must attend additional Preparation Sessions (as required) with the Competition Execution Team
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 OC Team Session on November 14, 2021
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Weekly OC Team Sessions (3 hours per week) from January - February 2022
- Must attend CaseIT 2022 Competition Week from February 20 – 25, 2022
- Approximately 5-10 hours of commitment per week
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing in-kind sponsorship for CaseIT
- Researching potential in-kind sponsors
- Drafting personalized emails to prospective in-kind sponsors, while finding and highlighting the value CaseIT will bring to their organization
- Arranging and facilitating phone calls and in-person and virtual meetings with prospective sponsors with the support of your Directors of Sponsorship
- Maintaining sponsor relations and providing information once partnerships have been finalized
- Tracking and logging all major activities in our CRM system
Additional responsibilities that you are accountable for executing during the CaseIT competition week:
- Venue Logistics: Ensuring registration areas, place settings, equipment and stages for the Welcome Ceremony and Awards Banquet event venues are set up prior to the execution of the event.
- Deliberation: Assisting with all deliberation-related tasks for the short and long cases, including case and deliberation materials delivery, food and beverage delivery, and technical support.
- Hospitality: Assisting with the compilation and delivery of hospitality-related components including competitor gifts, sponsor gifts, welcome packages, and judges’ packages.
- Presentation Room: Managing the case presentation room logistics, including the rules overview, timing presentations, and welcoming industry professional judges.
- Case Presentations: Ensuring that all teams are in the right place at the right time, presentation USBs and slide decks are ready to go, and escalating time-sensitive issues.
- Registration: Managing an organized flow of information and welcoming competitors, coaches, sponsors, students, judges, and industry professionals to each CaseIT event.
- Usher: Ensuring that all competition teams are abiding by competition rules by overseeing competitor holding rooms, judges holding rooms, and presentation areas, and communicating instructions to all stakeholders of the competition so that they understand exactly where and when they are expected to be during the competition week.
- Sponsor Supervisor: Identifying and interacting professionally with sponsors and industry professionals, ensuring all questions are answered, informational materials are provided, and requests are fulfilled.
- The ability to display and uphold a professional appearance
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and focus on partner satisfaction in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to be conversationally adept, and provide insightful responses to questions from stakeholders
- The ability to motivate oneself to accomplish given tasks
- Previous sales or sponsorship experience is an asset, but not required
- Previous experience in formal business writing is an asset, but not required
- Previous event planning experience is an asset, but not required
Successful completion of this role provides:
- Experience establishing, maintaining, and fortifying corporate relations
- Experience working within a large, diverse, and passionate team
- Strengthened communication skills, both written and verbal
- Lasting connections with team members, student attendees, global competitors, and industry professionals
- The opportunity to expand your personal network through forged connections